This article can help you troubleshoot why you SOWA system is not playing audio. Read through the steps one by one.
Verify that speakers are turned on (the user interface will be lit).
Press the power button on one or more speakers to turn them on.
If a speaker won't turn on, charge the battery.
Verify that that your speakers either have sufficient battery, or are plugged into a power supply.
I have connected a microphone or playback device to an input, but the speaker I have connected to is not playing → Make sure that the speaker is in either Host mode (the Host light in the top of the interface lights up), or Standalone mode (neither Host or Join is lit) → Make sure that the speaker is turned up on the "Local volume" knob, as well as on the XLR input knob (if microphone is connected), or that the smart phone is turned up.
The speaker I have connected a microphone or smartphone to is playing, but other speakers are not?
- Verify that all speakers are turned on (the user interface will be lit).
- Press the power button on one or more speakers to turn them on.
- If a speaker won't turn on, charge the battery.
- Make sure that only one speaker in your system is set to Host mode.
- Make sure that all Joining speakers are in Join mode. Press the "role select" button, until the "JOIN" light is on. The speaker is now listening for nearby speakers in "HOST" mode.
- Make sure that all your speakers are on the same Link channel, see this section of the SOWA manual.
- Make sure that no-one nearby is using another SOWA system on the same channel as your system.